27 Aug Cathy’s Old Portsmouth Wedding
1. Wedding date?
2. Wedding venue?
Church ceremony & Still and West, Old Portsmouth
2a. Did your wedding plans change due to covid? If so what changed?
We lost our original venue due to the pandemic and had to cut numbers, however it turned out to be perfect. We were always hoping for this date and contemplated changing it but once we knew we could go ahead we decided to keep the date.
3. Wedding photographer & How did you choose your photographer?
My photographer was ‘Weddings by Sophia B’ from ‘ Beside The Seaside Photography’ Sophia was fantastic in every way, she was kind, professional and helped with so many things.
4. Wedding Flowers & did you choose your dress before your flowers?
My flowers came from Webbs in Northend, who are fantastic. A family friend, who is very talented did all 8 bridesmaid bouquets, my bouquet and flowers at the church.
7. Did you have a colour scheme or theme for your day?
Our colour scheme was lemon (in memory of my late mum who loved daffodils).
8. Dress Designer?
9. Before visiting Creatiques did you have an idea of what style of gown you’d like? If so were you surprised by the gown you did choose?
I had been to many shops prior to my visit to ‘Creatiques’. I did not really know what I was looking for …but found the one. I saw a picture on the wall and remember saying to my sister I like that dress…then of all the ones I picked to try…coincidently, that was the dress I picked.
10. Overall how was your Creatiques experience?
The service at ‘Creatiques’ was perfect, and the surroundings were fab. I had cap sleeves added by the in house seamstress, and it was flawless.
11. Highlight of your wedding day?
I felt wonderful in my dress and I will never forget the day I became my bestfriend’s wife
12. Did you have any special touches?
lemon colour scheme (in memory of my late mum who loved daffodils)
13. Do you have any advice for bride’s planning their big day?
I would try to say to brides….don’t panic and enjoy your day as it goes so fast.
14. In hindsight, would you have done anything differently?
I would not have changed a thing about the day. It all went fantastically.