I got married on 31st August 2019. Here are a couple of pictures from our day! We had a baby on the way too!
You were all amazing at the shop! I came in twice, first time around July 2018 and then again July 2019 which is when I found the dress!
1. Date of wedding? 31/08/2019
2. Wedding Venue? Solent hotel in Whitley
3. Who was your Photographer? How did you select your photographer? Lorraine Morgan photography and we asked for recommendations on Facebook.
4.How did you select your flowers? Did you wait until you have chosen your gown before selecting? Honestly I wasn’t really fussed about flowers I just wanted to keep them simple so that the main attention was on the dress. (Our table centrepieces were flowers and they were big as we wanted to make a statement on tables) I did choose the colour based on colour scheme.
5. Did you have a specific colour scheme overall? Yes it was a blush/dusty pink.
1.Before visiting Creatiques did you have an idea of what style of gown you’d like? If so, were you surprised by the gown you did choose? I originally visited creatiques back in 2018 (a year before wedding) with an idea in my head of something elegant and quite plain! However I had only had a baby 6 months prior and I think I wanted to just fade into the background I came away From that first visit with no dress however fast forward to early 2019 I started to feel a bit more myself( less frumpy and like I hadn’t just had a baby) and felt like this was the one day that I could actually stand out where sparkle and lace and not feel silly! So yes I guess I was surprised with what I ended up but so happy I did!
2.Overall, how was your Creatiques experience? I knew I wanted to get my dress from here! I heard such great things and my partners sister in laws both got their dresses from creatiques. Like I say I visited twice and I couldn’t fault it! So many dresses to choose from. Also very good and knowing what might suit you and try things you might not have initially thought would suit you.
1. Highlight of your wedding day? Difficult one but I think having all our family and friends to together in one room! It goes so quick you forget to take everything in.
2. Do you have any advice for other Bride’s planning their big day? It’s your and your partners day. Try not to listen to what everyone else says/wants. Makes lists. Research and ask for recommendations and visit lots of wedding fairs to get ideas! It’s something you will only do once so enjoy it!
3. In hindsight, would you have done anything different.? If there was anything it would probably be get married abroad because you can not predict British weather! But apart from that No! I loved our wedding day!