13 Aug Natalie says I do!
1. Wedding date?
16th July 2021
2. Wedding venue?
Oakley Hall Hotel, Basingstoke, Hampshire
2a. Did your wedding plans change due to covid? If so what changed?
Yes – we were due to get married in June 2020 but were in complete lockdown then so had no choice but to move our date to this year.I was so lucky that Rob and Andrew were so supportive and accomodating in holding my dress for over a year – it was so stress free I cannot thank them enough!
3. Wedding photographer & How did you choose your photographer?
Kris Karl Photography – a local couple to me, found their work online and liked it!
4. Wedding Flowers & did you choose your dress before your flowers?
Petals & Posies Flowers – and yes I chose the dress first, although I always had quite a specific vision for the flowers – I had pheasant and peacock feathers in my bouquet, and my bridesmaids had bleached peacock feathers to match.
5. Did you have a colour scheme or theme for your day?
The groom wore a light suit and the bridesmaids were in celadon green ( a light sage)
6. Dress Designer?
Justin Alexander Sincerity
7. Before visiting Creatiques did you have an idea of what style of gown you’d like? If so were you surprised by the gown you did choose?
I thought I would end up with something lace-y and didn’t want satin. Guess what I bought?!
8. Overall how was your Creatiques experience?
Fantastic! I couldnt recommend the team enough – as previously mentioned they not only helped make my wedding postponement as stress free as possible, but every appointment was like greeting old friends! I am not the smallest of girls but was made to feel like a princess which is what we all hope for on our special day.
9. Highlight of your wedding day?
Can I have 2?! Watching Nick’s face as I came down the aisle, and later in the day dancing the night away with my new husband and our guests as we enjoyed the band and watched the sun go down!
10. Did you have any special touches?
I love magic so we had a magician who went down a storm, plus in an ode to how we met at work, when we were introduced into our reception room, we played the Police Academy Theme Tune as we walked in!
11. Do you have any advice for bride’s planning their big day?
The morning for me was quite busy – and I only had 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl – take time to not get stressed in the morning and have a relaxed evening the night before.
12. In hindsight, would you have done anything differently?
Had that early night the night before that I recommend!